Saturday, March 7, 2009

The RSS connection...or not!

I THINK I'm hooked into the feed reader or reader feed, or whatev....the terminology continues to boggle my mind, or in this case bloggle my mind??? I like having all of this info at my fingertips, but there's more than enough about some subjects, and it's hard to filter it all down to what I really want to read more of...I fear that I and some of my generation(the children of the 60's, and you know who you are!) are still trapped in a past life that had only 3 TV channels, a reliance on AM radio for late-breaking news, and letters and phone calls instead of email and Twitter, for keeping up with friends and family and our very small world...I will try to open up my mind to RSS, and I think the library system can help patrons like me who are still looking for information in the all the old familiar places(like the RTD hard copy, TV Guide, and Reader's Guide to Periodical Literature....well, maybe not that far back in time!)
Peace out!!

1 comment: