Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Social Networking:Is it just parties and quizzes 24/7?

I'm already a member of Facebook, Twitter, Mylife.com(formerly Reunion.com), and Left-handers United in Awkwardness(nah, that doesn't exist--at least not this week-- but maybe I should organize that one!) Social networking is cool, I really love finding old school pals, friends from the military years, and keeping track of my kids, one of whom is on the left coast...we chat much more online than we do by phone, and pictures come up immediately on Facebook--I got to see all 342 of a friend's wedding pics without having to wait for Kodak!
Of course, there's a lot of stuff on them that I could live without, too--once the local news channels started clogging up Twitter it got pretty messy, so there's always too much of a good thing, you just have to either read it and move on or just ignore it and move on.
I think LinkedIn sounds great for business networking, but how bizarre is it that there's a site called Vampirefreaks?????

No comments:

Post a Comment